Accessibility Statement for Kansas Health Science Center Website
Kansas Health Science Center Website is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for all users, including those with disabilities. We monitor the digital accessibility experience and apply the appropriate accessibility standards to remediate issues.
Measures to support accessibility
Kansas Health Science Center Website takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Kansas Health Science Center website at www.mobtec.net (“Website”):
- Appoint an accessibility officer to monitor accessibility of the Website.
- Provide accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines standards for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Interwoven Community Counseling Center & The Forensic Center Website strives to meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Website and commit to promptly addressing accessibility concerns that are brought to our attention. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Website:
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome Web Browser on Windows
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our efforts to ensure accessibility of the Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Website:
- Color Contrast: Using the toggle in the website footer to turn Accessibility Mode “On” will improve the color contrast.
- PDF Documents: Some legacy documents that have not yet been remediated may lack accessibility tags. Continuous efforts are being made to remediate all PDF documents posted on the Website. Please report any issue with a PDF using the “Accessibility Feedback Form“.
- Empty Links: May display in blog teasers.
- YouTube Videos: Keyboard focus order may not be logical in the “More Videos” section. Keyboard focus may not return to triggering element.
- Embedded Google Maps: Google Maps may lack ALT tags on embedded images. Hidden ARIA elements may contain focusable elements.
- Web Forms: The donation/giving forms are from a 3rd party. Some images and icons do not include equivalent text:
- Credit card images which display which cards are accepted and being entered.
- Help content image demonstrating where to find a bank routing number.
- Buttons for sharing a user’s donation on social networks (from the thank you page)
- Decorative, presentational images for how Givalanche works cannot be ignored by assistive technology.
- Empty links may be displayed in blog teasers.
Interwoven Community Counseling Center & The Forensic Center Website assessed the accessibility of the Website by using the following approaches:
- External evaluation
This statement was last updated on: June 15, 2021